Ally is a city/commuter tote with ample room for everything you need during your day in the city.
With all the pockets on the inside and outside, she can double as a nappy bag.
And learn how to make a new style of pocket that will fit all your essentials!
This bag measures 16″ wide by 13″ high and a depth of 4″ (usable area on the inside is 6″). The handle is 22″
In centimeters that makes: a handle of 56cm and a bag that is 40cm wide, 33cm high and a depth of 10cm. You have a usable space that is 15cm high.
On the inside you have
- one hidden pocket for your essentials reachable without opening your bag and still hidden from spying eyes and hands.
- one zippered pocket on the interior
- full width elastic pleated pocket
- an elastic strip to keep a bottle, jar or sunglasses into place
On the exterior you’ll find one zippered pocket
This product includes a downloadable pdf with full-colour instructions, all pattern pieces, a cutting list AND a sew-a-long video.
Measurements are metric AND imperial.
The video is great for visual learners.
The lessons are easily divided so you can jump to that part you need extra guidance with.
*Please note: The videos are delivered via a streaming software in the special course delivery area and are not downloadable.
- Exterior: 1 yard/meter (54” wide)
- Lining color 1: 1 1/4 yard/meter (44” wide)
Interfacing and Stabilizer:
- Medium woven interfacing : 3,5 yard (325cm) (20”/50cm wide), 2 1/4 yard (2meter) (35”/90cm wide)
Form Fuse 1400 – Legacy 931TD – Pellon Shape-Flex SF101 – Vilene G700 – Woven fuse – Plakdoek
- Decovil I Light: 14” (17 ½”/45cm wide), 10” (35 ½”/90cm wide)
- Fusible fleece 45” wide: ½ yard/meter
Pellon Thermolam tp971f – Vlieseline H640 – Sew Lazy dreamy fusible
Tools and notions:
- 2 normal dress zippers #3: 10” (25cm)
- 2 invisible magnets: 18mm
- 1 Handbag zipper #5: at least 20” (50cm)
- Elastic 3/8” (1cm): 22” (56cm) – don’t use soft stretch
- 4 hammer in grommets 15mm
- fabric glue (like fabri tac)
- Double sided tape (like wondertape) for the zipper pockets