- 1 yard exterior fabric (cotton, thinner upholstery, microsuede). Do not use cork or pleather for your first bag.
- 3/4 yard lining (lining A) (quilting weigh cotton)
- 1/2 yard contrast fabric (lining B).
- When using your exterior fabric as contrast fabric, you only need 1¼” yard exterior fabric.
Interfacing en stabilizer
- 1 yard/meter Sew Lazy stiff stuff™
- ¼ yard/25cm headliner foam
- ¼ yard/25cm Pellon Craft-Fuse #808 or #809 (substitute with Vilene Decovil I Light or Vilene H250)
- 1 yard/meter Medium Woven Interfacing: Wovenfuse (gotinterfacing.com) or Vilene G700 (both 44” wide)
- When using Pellon SF101, you need double the amount of interfacing, since this is only 22”/56cm
- 5 kam snap (or other snap) -> use a heavy duty snap if you prefer that.
- rivets to attach the shoulder strap and set the front pocket Size of the rivets depends on the fabric you’ll use. I used rivets with a 8mm pole.
- 2 triangle rings (1” – 25mm) adjust the fabric to your hardware (they do not need to be the same as the lobster clasps.
- 1 adjustable strap slider (1,25” or 1,5” – 32mm or 38mm)
- 2 lobster clasps (same width as your strap slider) adjust the fabric to your hardware
- 1 piece of false bottom stabilizer (like cutting mat, currogated plastic, plastic mesh,…)
- #4,5 or #5 handbag zipper 23” (58cm)
- #4,5 or #5 handbag zipper 15” (38cm)
- #3 zipper 12” (30cm)
- #3 zipper 6” (15cm)
- Stapler (with lots of staples)
- KAM set press
- Size 14 or 16 machine needles
- Rotary cutter and mat (highly recommended)
- See-through quilting ruler (highly recommended)
- Clips and pins