- Very clear and detailed instructions with lots of diagrams.
- A cutting lists for everything with dimensions on it. (Both in imperial as in metric)
- Drafted pattern pieces for everything with dimensions on it.
- A link to a video where you can follow me creating this bag.
This pattern is a combined effort between UhOh Creations and SerialBagmakers
When making the bag out of Quilting weight cotton, you need a total of 3/4 yard or 3 fat quarters coordinating fabric.
- Exterior Fabric : Quilting cotton would be ideal. Only use cork or pleather when you know your machine.
- Fabric for the pockets: Again, quilting weight cotton is advised.
- Medium woven interfacing like Pellon SF101 – Form Fuse 1400 – Legacy 931TD – Vilene G700
- Fusible Thermolam or Fusible Fleece or Velene 630: needed for the exterior pieces. 12” WOF
- (optional) Pre-made ½” webbing for the thigh strap. If you can’t find ½”, you can use the 1” webbing or make these straps with your own fabric. On the front pic, we used a ½” fabric strap.
- Pre-made 1” webbing for adjustable waist strap (this is optional because you can make your strap with your own fabric. In that case you will need a little more fabric)
- 2 scraps (1 ½” by 2”) of single-sided fusible Stiffy, CraftFuse or Decovil.
Thigh strap and Waist strap
- On the front picture you can see the bag made with
- ½” fabric thigh strap
- 1” webbing waist strap
- If you can find ½” webbing, you can make the thigh out of webbing as well.
- A sewing machine, seam ripper, thread and fabric (that goes without saying).
- Scissors, a rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat (it’s important that you cut your pattern pieces very accurately).
- A ruler, clips or pins, a frixion pen, Fabri-tac (fabric glue).
- 1 x 8” zipper (Color coordinate it with the exterior fabric).
- 2 x large grommets (¾” diameter)
- 2 x spring rings (1”) or swivel hooks – check to make sure they fit your grommets
- 1 x magnetic snap (to close the cargo pocket)
- (optional) 2 x ½” D-rings (for the thigh straps). If you can not find this size you can adjust the width of your thigh straps.
- (optional) 1 x heavy duty snap or 2 x ½” swivel hooks (adjust to the width of the strap)
- (optional)1 x ½” strap slider (for the thigh straps). If your thigh strap is wider, this strap slider will need to be wider.
- 1 x 1” strap slider (for the waist strap)
- (optional) 4 x double cap rivets
Finished size is 7.5” wide x 9” tall excluding the wings with the grommets
- 1 pocket for 4 creditcards and a small slip pocket
- 1 cargo pocket with flap
- 1 large slip pocket for your phone
- 1 zip pocket on the front
This bag is small enough to be unobtrusive, but large enough to fit small items in the cargo pocket (like moisturizer and lipgloss), your credit cards and a snack in the zipper pocket, and your cell phone in the back slip pocket (pressed against your leg so you know when someone calls while it’s on vibrate). Leave your wallet behind and take only the necessary items with you
Pattern testers consider this pattern ideal for confident beginners.
As always: feel free to sell your bags made with my patterns.
The story of this bag:
This pattern got designed by Tara Sinclair from UhOh creations.
When I, Anne, saw her holster bag, I asked her if she could see a collaboration in the future. And her answer was yes 😉
The designer of this pattern is Tara Sinclair.
The one who did the writing of the booklet and the instructional video is Anne.
The best teamwork possible.